VACATURE — Project services
Vacture | Contract Manager | Kallo
We are TEC, your strategic partner for engineering projects in the construction industry, automotive industry, pharma, (petro) chemical, IT and telecom. Our mission? Create added value for our customers. With us, passion, integrity, teamwork and creativity come first. Thanks to our extensive network and years of recruitment experience, we offer interesting jobs tailored to your expertise and expectations. Our team stands ready for an excellent follow-up! In this way we guarantee a fascinating and pleasant working environment for all our consultants.
For our customer (a world player in the chemical sector) in Kallo, not far from Antwerp, we are looking for a Project Contracts Manager.
- Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the procedures, especially:
- Project Agreement, including Project Objectives.
- FC2004: Investment, Disposal and Restructuring procedure
- ENG- 3007: Project Handbook for Large Investment Projects
- HSE-3028: Contractor management
- BEI-CO-00-011 Project Quality Plan for Large Investments
- BEI-CO-00-017 Hand over and commissioning
- Reporting to the Project Manager and responsible for executing the quality in contracting on the project, organising the strategy, the contracting Plan, the team, and delivering and distributing technical and commercial approved documents in full compliance with the appropriate technical standards and specifications associated with the services and equipment provided by the Installation Contractors.
- Gives high level of expert advice to Project manager.
- Provides contract documents standards.
- Develops and maintains competence, tools and procedures in the assigned area, in line with latest developments, best practice and lessons learned, and ensures these are effectively used.
- Screens individual project proposals based on procedure agreements, costs and bench marks. Challenge the contractor to bring the estimates to a market compliant level.
- Executes reviews before, during and after projects in order to strive for continuous improvement related to quality and cost efficiency.
- Is capable to extract external information and adapt this to the projects and different Contract types (License Agreements, PDP, FEED/Basic Eng, EPCM, EPC LS).
- Guides and Advises the Project Manager/ Project Controls Engineer how to interpret and administer Bids from contractors and vendors. And to prepare bid tabulations to compare the different bids.
- Maintains an open dialogue with the engineering partner.
- Screens a correct application of procedures, specifications, engineering tools and systems during the project implementation. Performs contract quality controls to guarantee correct payments to the engineering partner.
- Steers the engineering partner and project team within the contractual rights and obligations.
- Controls the preparation, revision, and update of the project Schedule and related man-power histograms and ensures timely issuance in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Contract.
- Follow up the TIC, base line and control budgets, secures the correct use of contingency.
- Together with the Project Controls engineer, review the content and impact of Changes; estimate/analyse the impact of changes not agreed and secure correct communication compliant with the contractual obligations and wrights.
- Participates in resolution of major Contractor claims and major contractual issues affecting business performance by balancing multiple considerations in problem solving together with the Claim Expert (e.g. economic, technical, contractual and commercial) for a project.
- Participates in interactions/ exchanges with others inside and outside the company (e.g. TDE, PTS, Procurement, Legal, JV, IPA) who can help exploit opportunities for our customer
- Uses and implements lessons learned from prior negotiations, projects and benchmarking e.g. IPA to drive continuous improvements.
- Prepare the contract for the Engineering Contractors scope as per the Project requirements.
- Have a full knowledge of the required Basic Engineering package the full knowledge of all interfaces to other disciplines and a knowledge of the rest of the BEP.
- Have a full understanding of the Engineering Contractors Schedule and the activities and deliverables.
- Ensure that all tasks assigned by the Project Manager are completed on time and within budget.
- Attend internal / external design reviews and other meetings, as necessary.
- Keep up to date with and adhere to Company and Project related procedures.
- Make himself/herself fully familiar with Company Common Engineering Specifications.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Analysis of contractual terms and conditions, analysis of tender pricing, rates and productivity levels. Analysis of actual time spent, costs incurred and actual productivity achieved.
- Inspection and analysis of records and contractual notices to provide detailed presentation of cause and effect detail. Preparation of delay analysis using accepted industry techniques.
- Identification of planned programme and critical path, ascertaining the adequacy of the planned programme.
- Needs to offer strategic guidance that is focused on the provable issues and to prepare documentation that is technically, legally and commercially correct. To be able to deal with construction disputes involving complex issues and to meet this challenge with documentation that includes high-impact demonstrative evidence and graphics.
- Maintain good relations with company's stakeholders like VP PAT, VP TDE, SVP PTS, Technical Procurement Director, Legal Counsel, Steering committees and other project stakeholders.
- Participation in Project managers Network as expert in Contract management and share experience of problems in projects that have a bearing on the contract, the solutions and claim handling within the technical community in the area of project and contract management.
- Works closely with the Project Engineering manager, Central Development Team, Technology Engineers, Finance and Production units, Maintenance Managers and Safety Department.
- Works closely with the engineering contractor and the contractors to progress the Project schedule.
- Represents the department professionally at internal and external customers.
- Contributes to a positive team spirit.
- Motivates and develops people through continuous coaching and feedback.
- Transfers knowledge to colleagues and newly recruited people.
- Inspires through knowledge sharing and connecting emotionally.
HS & E Responsibilities
- Subscribe to and comply with the HSE Policy and Management System
- Always sticks to the HSE instructions and regulations (HSE Procedures) during the implementation of the investment projects and modifications.
- Takes immediate action for each problem or attitude which is not in line with the HSE policy, this to avoid damage to people, fixed assets and environment and reports this in the existing data system (Synergi).
- Takes comments from colleagues, related to safety, into account and implement those in the contracts.
Specific responsibilities include
- Approve / comment on all relevant documents in respect to contracts and purchase orders according project cost.
- Approves the billing of extra work according the contracts.
- Approve / comment on all relevant documents in respect to project deadlines.
- Master degree in Engineering, economics or business.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in petrochemical/chemical industry
- Fluent verbal and written command of English ( at business level)
Specific Training / Specialist Skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- Vast knowledge of own discipline Contracts and procurement
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience within procurement, contract management, project and engineering management in projects, technical or business departments, with strong contract, contract management and commercial focus, with at least:
- 10 years of experience of establishing, using and managing different types of contracts.
- 5 years in procurement/project community.
- Comprehensive Onshore Construction and investment project Experience
- Proven skills in a complex multicultural environment with a large amount of stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of negotiations strategies and tactics, as well technical, commercial and legal.
- Excellent negotiation and document drafting skills, ability to gather, and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
Personal Attitude indicators
- Proven ability to work as an effective team player
- Ability to supervise and motivate a small team
- Motivates and develops people through continuous coaching and feedback
- Inspires through knowledge sharing and connecting emotionally,
- Involves, delegates and empowers,
- Identifies and attracts talent.
- Willingness to travel.
- High ethical standards.
- Commercial awareness and Cost awareness and drive
- Good communication skills
- Cultural awareness
- Sets ambitious targets for themselves and others,
- Delivers results and strives to exceed targets,
- Has courage to stand up for beliefs
- Personal integrity
In addition to a contract with an attractive salary, we offer you:
- an exciting employer in full expansion that offers many future opportunities for your further career in the technical sector;
- a lot of extra-legal benefits that fit your contract type and your own preferences (such as a company car / bicycle, group insurance, daily allowance);
- personal contact with and support of our close team of Office Managers, Sales Manager and HR Coördinators;
- and last but not least: the chance to build up a large network and to share your experiences and knowledge with other technical profiles