VACATURE — IT
Vacature | IT Engineer | Brussels
We are TEC, your strategic partner for engineering projects in the construction industry, automotive industry, pharma, (petro) chemical, IT and telecom. Our mission? Create added value for our customers. With us, passion, integrity, teamwork and creativity come first. Thanks to our extensive network and years of recruitment experience, we offer interesting jobs tailored to your expertise and expectations. Our team stands ready for an excellent follow-up! In this way we guarantee a fascinating and pleasant working environment for all our consultants.
- Analyze and asses technical solutions and evolution to fulfill the strategy, regulatory and operational (functional and capacity) requirements, considering cost and time to market;
- Leading medium to large size implementation projects and coordinating (and coaching if necessary) a core team for the solution or evolution implementation;
- Writing functional and technical specifications and requests for proposal;
- Evaluate and give recommendations for the future, considering the technical evolutions on the market;
- Defining, in collaboration with the supplier, the technical part of the contract (Scope of Work, Project Management Plan, Professional Services). Supporting purchasing (i.e. cost of services) and analyzing the requests for proposals (supplier selection).
- Generating methods, procedures and technical documents regarding technical solution and evolution (architecture, impact analysis);
- Conducting the implementation of the technical solutions (in collaboration with the IT and Operations & Maintenance teams if needed);
- Acting as a technical interface within the company and with suppliers and other operators, to gather requirements and technical solutions, challenge the company’s strategy, and provide recommendations;
- Ensure and implement security policies to enable a secure OSS platform;
- Analyze, manage and ensure OSS load and capacity, based on known and future network rollout requirements;
- Evaluate OSS and network roadmaps to manage, prepare and implement software and hardware requirements needed to enable new network features and technologies. Align software/firmware packages and patches between connected NE (Network Element) and OSS;
- Analyze, manage and ensure northbound interfaces towards the company and 3rd party applications and ensure correct segregation of provided data.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in the Telecom or IT environment;
- You have in depth knowledge of OSS architecture and associated suite (CM, FM, PM, Call Trace, SON), OSS dimensioning exercise and Software release validation and implementation;
- You have technical Expertise in Transport Network Technologies and Security (Transmission, LAN, RAN-IP);
- You know the IT/telecom environment, Operating Systems (Unix, NT, Linux,..), SQL, DB’s (Oracle), IT/Telco Infrastructure;
- You have a sense of initiative and are able to act proactively;
- You are able to solve problems;
- You can analyze and anticipate risks;
- You are good at planning and organizing and have project management skills;
- You have good communication skills;
- You are good at negotiating. You can be persuasive and diplomatic;
- You have good coaching skills;
- You have good presentation skills;
- You are fluent in English. Fluency is Dutch or French is a plus.
In addition to a contract with an attractive salary, we offer you:
- an exciting employer in full expansion that offers many future opportunities for your further career in the technical sector;
- a lot of extra-legal benefits that fit your contract type and your own preferences (such as a company car / bicycle, group insurance, daily allowance);
- personal contact with and support of our close team of Office Manager, Sales Managers and HR Coördinators;
- a personal gift on special occasions (birthday, anniversary, ...);
- occasional treats at the yard or customer site;
- and last but not least: the chance to build up a large network and to share your experiences and knowledge with other technical profiles.