VACATURE — IT
Vacature | IT Project Leader Lab Environment | Brussel
We are TEC, your strategic partner for engineering projects in the construction industry, automotive industry, pharma, (petro) chemical, IT and telecom. Our mission? Create added value for our customers. With us, passion, integrity, teamwork and creativity come first. Thanks to our extensive network and years of recruitment experience, we offer interesting jobs tailored to your expertise and expectations. Our team stands ready for an excellent follow-up! In this way we guarantee a fascinating and pleasant working environment for all our consultants.
- You will be responsible for the project that focusses on the re-design of the lab environments including setting up the necessary procedures and controls for future maintenance.
- You will lead a team that consists out of an IT architect and 2-3 IT administrators.
- Together with your team, you will define the necessary activities, plan those activities and follow-up to accomplish the mission within the desired timeframe.
- During the entire lifecycle of the project you will make sure that no compromise is made on quality and that the activities are accomplished according the applicable procedures.
- You will be working from our offices in the centre of Brussel (on walking distance of Brussels-South railway station) as well as from our offices in Huizingen.
- Example list of activities in scope for this role:
- Asset management: Ensure list of assets is integrated to the asset referential tools.
- Security: Perform business impact assessment and develop protection concepts, identify security options, obtain related decisions and lead the implementation (examples of security measures to be addressed: hardening, privileged access management, vulnerabilities management…).
- Business continuity: develop the business continuity plans with the identification of RTO/RPO.
- Controls and assurance: define recurrent controls and plan assurance activities (e.g. pentests).
- Governance: regular reporting to management.
What about you as a person ? Our consultant...
- Is perfectly bilingual French-Dutch and has a good understanding of English
- Has a hands-on mentality and doesn't hesitate to roll up their sleeves.
- Has an analytical and structural mind and thinks in solutions.
- Is results-oriented, proactive and doesn’t hesitate to take initiatives.
- Has good communication skills and the ability to explain IT topics clearly, avoiding technical jargon.
- Is a good listener and can identify their interlocutor's needs and wishes. Their stakeholder focus enables to provide efficient and effective solutions to the stakeholders and/or the management.
- Is flexible regarding their tasks, working hours and travel.
- Finally, is stress resistant and able to perform multiple tasks at once to meet deadlines.
What about your technical skills ? He or she...
- Can demonstrate a proven experience in managing complex technical IT projects.
- Has a good understanding of cybersecurity and related concepts.
- Has a good understanding of business continuity and related concepts.
- Is familiar with following technical areas:
- Debian/Ubuntu/Redhat/Centos Linux system administration
- Windows system administration
- Vmware, vSphere, vcenter, vmotion
- Fault-tolerant server
- Nagios, Puppet, Git, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Kibana, Logstash, Elasticsearch
- Symantec NetBackup; Veeam
- Database technology: mysql / postgres
- Cloud hosting (AWS / Azure)
In addition to a contract with an attractive salary, we offer you:
- an exciting employer in full expansion that offers many future opportunities for your further career in the technical sector;
- a lot of extra-legal benefits that fit your contract type and your own preferences (such as a company car / bicycle, group insurance, daily allowance);
- TEC Plaza's (better known as afterwork or network drinks) that you should not miss; company events in a real TEC atmosphere. Just think of the annual BBQ, sports events (Ten Miles), an end-of-year dinner, a family day (film day), etc.
- the ability to further develop your own talent thanks to our Competence Center (expert classes where one guest speaker will tell about a technical topic) and thanks to our online Cevora training courses (for both your soft and hard skills);
- personal contact with and support of our close team of office managers, account managers and recruiters;
- a personal gift on special occasions (birthday, anniversary, ...);
- occasional treats at the yard or customer site;
- and last but not least: the chance to build up a large network and to share your experiences and knowledge with other technical profiles.