VACATURE — IT
Vacature | System Administrator Lab Environments | Brussel
We are TEC, your strategic partner for engineering projects in the construction industry, automotive industry, pharma, (petro) chemical, IT and telecom. Our mission? Create added value for our customers. With us, passion, integrity, teamwork and creativity come first. Thanks to our extensive network and years of recruitment experience, we offer interesting jobs tailored to your expertise and expectations. Our team stands ready for an excellent follow-up! In this way we guarantee a fascinating and pleasant working environment for all our consultants.
- In collaboration and as per the agreement with the IT Architect, setting up and configuring networks, network equipment, servers, workstations…
- Monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting the networks, network equipment, servers, workstations…
- Upgrading, installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Implementing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential cyber security threats.
- Creating user accounts and performing access control.
- Documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data.
- Developing data retrieval and recovery procedures.
What about you as a person ? You...
- Can work in a structured way and precisely.
- Understand that the writing of documentation for people outside the team is a no brainer.
- Understand that keeping documentation up to date is a no brainer.
- Can demonstrate to work in a team in a constructive and efficient way.
- Are a good communicator.
- Understand when assistance of a colleague is needed and when not.
- Are stakeholder oriented.
What about your technical skills ? Must have knowledge:
- Very good knowledge of either Windows operating systems or Linux operating systems (CentOS – RedHat) including scripting (bash) or network administration (routers – switches – VPN – firewall)
- Very good knowledge of VMware, vSphere, vCenter, vMotion
- Symantec NetBackup; Veeam
- IT hardware
- Must speak / understand: Dutch and French
- Must be able to read / write in English
Knowledge of the following domains is an asset:
- Puppet (open source version)
- Elastic Stack (amongst others Kibana)
- Database technology: mysql / postgress
- Atlassian suite (Jira / Confluence / Git)
- Debian / Ubuntu
- Scripting in Bash, Ruby, Python, Powershell
- Kace, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker
- Cloud hosting (AWS/Azure)
In addition to a contract with an attractive salary, we offer you:
- an exciting employer in full expansion that offers many future opportunities for your further career in the technical sector;
- a lot of extra-legal benefits that fit your contract type and your own preferences (such as a company car / bicycle, group insurance, daily allowance);
- TEC Plaza's (better known as afterwork or network drinks) that you should not miss; company events in a real TEC atmosphere. Just think of the annual BBQ, sports events (Ten Miles), an end-of-year dinner, a family day (film day), etc.
- the ability to further develop your own talent thanks to our Competence Center (expert classes where one guest speaker will tell about a technical topic) and thanks to our online Cevora training courses (for both your soft and hard skills);
- personal contact with and support of our close team of office managers, account managers and recruiters;
- a personal gift on special occasions (birthday, anniversary, ...);
- occasional treats at the yard or customer site;
- and last but not least: the chance to build up a large network and to share your experiences and knowledge with other technical profiles.