VACATURE — IT
Vacature | Medior System Engineer | Brussel
We are TEC, your strategic partner for engineering projects in the construction industry, automotive industry, pharma, (petro) chemical, IT and telecom. Our mission? Create added value for our customers. With us, passion, integrity, teamwork and creativity come first. Thanks to our extensive network and years of recruitment experience, we offer interesting jobs tailored to your expertise and expectations. Our team stands ready for an excellent follow-up! In this way we guarantee a fascinating and pleasant working environment for all our consultants.
The job content:
- Tasks and responsibilities within this multidisciplinary team will be extremely varied, ranging from maintenance, installation and configuration of hardware and software to migration projects to new environments, testing and debugging, hardware and software updates and patches, infrastructure and data security...
- Follow up on incidents, failures and modifications in order to keep the environment operational.
- Participation in an on-call service as second-line support (second line system engineer)
- Seek out actively for new technologies and tools.
- Contribute to testing, documentation and implementation with a view to add value to our operations.
- Regular interventions on the 31 different customer sites
What is your background ?
- Very good knowledge of Linux operating systems (CentOS – Redhat) including scripting (bash)
- Very good knowledge of VMware, vSphere, vCenter, vMotion
- Must speak / understand Dutch and French
- Is Experienced with working in a production environment
- Has basic knowledge of network administration: router – switch – VPN - firewall
Knowledge of the following domains is an asset:
- Puppet (open source version)
- Elastic Stack (amongst others Kibana)
- Database technology: mysql / postgress
- Atlassian suite (Jira / Confluence / Git)
Some of your soft skills:
- Can work in a structured way and precisely
- Understand that the writing of documentation for people outside the team is a no brainer
- Understand that keeping documentation up to date is a no brainer
- Can demonstrate to work in a team in a constructive and efficient way
- Is a good communicator
- Understand when assistance of a colleague is needed and when not
- Is able to work under stress
- Is customer oriented, acts discretely and loyally to Mobility, since there is direct contact with the end customer
- Willing to work in IT operations and to support the different team during go-live and hyper care periods (typically on site of the customer and outside the normal business hours (weekends - night)
- Is flexible on working hours and mobile within Belgium
In addition to a contract with an attractive salary, we offer you:
- an exciting employer in full expansion that offers many future opportunities for your further career in the technical sector;
- a lot of extra-legal benefits that fit your contract type and your own preferences (such as a company car / bicycle, group insurance, daily allowance);
- TEC Plaza's (better known as afterwork or network drinks) that you should not miss; company events in a real TEC atmosphere. Just think of the annual BBQ, sports events (Ten Miles), an end-of-year dinner, a family day (film day), etc.
- the ability to further develop your own talent thanks to our Competence Center (expert classes where one guest speaker will tell about a technical topic) and thanks to our online Cevora training courses (for both your soft and hard skills);
- personal contact with and support of our close team of office managers, account managers and recruiters;
- a personal gift on special occasions (birthday, anniversary, ...);
- occasional treats at the yard or customer site;
- and last but not least: the chance to build up a large network and to share your experiences and knowledge with other technical profiles.