VACATURE — Telecom
Vacature | Project Manager | Brussel
Our customer from Brussels is an important Telecom player. We are looking for a Project Manager Expert to manage very large and complex projects, to steer the virtual teams throughout the different departments.
Responsible to ensure that the business or technical projects are delivered on -time, on-scope and on-budget through the use of the client methodology while ensuring continuous alignment between the various stakeholders (within impacted teams) with many stakeholders in different business units.
To ensure that the needs of the internal clients are taken into account and that the business/technical solutions are delivered in line with the agreed requirements. To challenge requested scope changes and this during the duration of the project.
- To define together with all involved parties the needed project budget;
- To ensure you get this budget approved by all necessary "governance bodies";
- To identify timely budget variances and to challenge them avoiding your projects exceeds their budget.
- To define in cooperation with your project team a clear and realistic project plan that meets project objectives and clearly identifies the expected results and the associated resources;
- To commitment from the different departments on the expected results;
- To challenge the various parties involved ensuring delivery within agreed timeframe.
- To avoid problems by identifying pro-active risks/issues and initiating timely the appropriate actions;
- To escalate timely project problems to line management and /or project stakeholders ensuring they can still take appropriate action within their organization.
Reporting and Communication:
To liaise on a continuous basis with management from the impacted departments avoiding surprises by ensuring they are "at any time" fully aware of the project status.
To provide day-to-day management and coaching of one or more virtual teams.
- Minimum 15 years proven experience as dedicated Project Manager in complex environments;
- Proven successful management for multiple End-To-End major business/technical projects involving IT development;
- Experience in Cyber Security is a plus.
- Familiar with Project Management methodologies PMI, Prince 2, Agile;
- Familiar with Office Tools : Word, Excel, MS-Access, MS Project and PowerPoint;
- Specific affinity with content in specific areas;
- Experience with frequent interactions with top management.
- Proven leadership skills to manage effectively virtual project teams & multiple stakeholders in senior management positions, both business and technical;
- Dealing with uncertainty and able to show expected composure in a continuous changing environment;
- Dealing with ambiguity and conflict management;
- Initiative taker;
- Result driven;
- Solution oriented;
- All-round, able to manage all types of projects, business and technical.
In addition to a contract with an attractive salary, we offer you:
- an exciting employer in full expansion that offers many future opportunities for your further career in the technical sector;
- a lot of extra-legal benefits that fit your contract type and your own preferences (such as a company car / bicycle, group insurance, daily allowance);
- TEC Plaza's (better known as afterwork or network drinks) that you should not miss; company events in a real TEC atmosphere. Just think of the annual BBQ, sports events (Ten Miles), an end-of-year dinner, a family day (film day), etc.
- the ability to further develop your own talent thanks to our Competence Center (expert classes where one guest speaker will tell about a technical topic) and thanks to our online Cevora training courses (for both your soft and hard skills);
- personal contact with and support of our close team of office managers, account managers and recruiters;
- a personal gift on special occasions (birthday, anniversary, ...);
- occasional treats at the yard or customer site;
- and last but not least: the chance to build up a large network and to share your experiences and knowledge with other technical profiles.