VACATURE — IT
Vacancy | Functional Analyst | Brussels
We are TEC, your strategic partner for engineering projects in the construction industry, automotive industry, pharma, (petro) chemical, IT and telecom. Our mission? Create added value for our customers. With us, passion, integrity, teamwork and creativity come first. Thanks to our extensive network and years of recruitment experience, we offer interesting jobs tailored to your expertise and expectations. Our team stands ready for an excellent follow-up! In this way we guarantee a fascinating and pleasant working environment for all our consultants.
The team is organized in different squads. Each squad has been given a color to simplify the communication.
You will be working in the red squad that has the responsibility to:
- Clarify the new high level functionalities for the EBP program with the customer (Infrabel) and document the clarifications in a high level requirement document.
- Closely collaborate during the clarification period with the blue squads (scrum teams) and colleagues of the red team to obtain a high level requirement document that is detailed enough for making an estimation of the effort and planning to implement the required functionality and also for letting the blue squads to start the implementation autonomously
- Assist during the implementation by the blue squads when extra information is requested.
- Have the requested deliverables, as described in our quality process, available on time and reviewed and approved by the necessary people.
- Execute tasks (most of time ad-hoc) that are requested by the green squad because they need your expertise. The green squad is the squad that execute devops tasks and handles support calls that come from the field (Infrabel or from our own organization).
- Very meticulous and precise during extended periods of time as the software will be used in operational systems which may impact the railway traffic.
- Can work in team but also independently and autonomously.
- Communicate in team to share information and to request the required information to perform the tasks.
- Accurate in reviewing the input information and execution of the tasks.
- Experienced in requirement determination
- Experienced in moderating workshops to discuss and gather the customer needs keeping a strict deadline and deliverable in mind.
- Being able to translate requirements towards a structured, comprehendible and complete documentation.
- Knowledge of data modelling
- Knowledge of design & tools (e.g. UML)
- Experience in software implementations.
- Knowledge of signalization business is an asset but not mandatory.
- Understands (can follow a conversation) French & Dutch.
- Can write and express himself fluently in English.
Description of the Software Environment (not part of the mandatory requirements)
- CentOS / Debian / Ubuntu / RedHat Linux / Stratus VOS system environnement
- Database technologies : mysql / postgres
- C and JAVA programming
- JIRA / Confluence
In addition to a contract with an attractive salary, we offer you:
- an exciting employer in full expansion that offers many future opportunities for your further career in the technical sector;
- a lot of extra-legal benefits that fit your contract type and your own preferences (such as a company car / bicycle, group insurance, daily allowance);
- TEC Plaza's (better known as afterwork or network drinks) that you should not miss; company events in a real TEC atmosphere. Just think of the annual BBQ, sports events (Ten Miles), an end-of-year dinner, a family day (film day), etc.
- the ability to further develop your own talent thanks to our Competence Center (expert classes where one guest speaker will tell about a technical topic) and thanks to our online Cevora training courses (for both your soft and hard skills);
- personal contact with and support of our close team of office managers, account managers and recruiters;
- a personal gift on special occasions (birthday, anniversary, ...);
- occasional treats at the yard or customer site;
- and last but not least: the chance to build up a large network and to share your experiences and knowledge with other technical profiles.