VACATURE — Telecom
Vacature | RF engineer Optimization | Brussel
We are TEC, your strategic partner for engineering projects in the construction industry, automotive industry, pharma, (petro) chemical, IT and telecom. Our mission? Create added value for our customers. With us, passion, integrity, teamwork and creativity come first. Thanks to our extensive network and years of recruitment experience, we offer interesting jobs tailored to your expertise and expectations. Our team stands ready for an excellent follow-up! In this way we guarantee a fascinating and pleasant working environment for all our consultants.
As RAN Optimisation Engineer, you:
- Improve End to End network (voice and data) quality and customer experience, and define and lead periodic Service Quality improvement plans;
- Investigate national and local network quality issues (raised by dashboard, benchmark campaigns…) and ensure their resolution;
- Lead the Radio Access Network capacity forecasts;
- Perform day-to-day capacity management, with focus on 4G;
- Improve network performance by changing network parameters (frequencies, scrambling codes, neighbor lists, antenna tilts and azimuths, power, …);
- Treat ‘top bad performing cells’;
- Treat customer complaints;
- Support the network design and the network build team for nominal planning, or site rollout prioritization exercises;
- Collaborate with the remote (nearshore) optimisation team, dispatch tasks and follow-up tasks delegated to them;
- Be creative, think beyond standard solutions.
- You have an engineering degree in telecommunication (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum experience: 5 years in Telecom
- Relevant experience in a similar role (end-to-end network optimisation, capacity management, test analysis, post processing, GIS analysis & reporting, KPI's reporting, troubleshooting)
Your specific expertise:
- Good knowledge of 2G GSM / 3G UMTS / 4G LTE Radio technologies (incl VoLTE/CS-FB/…) and their optimisation is a must
- Knowledge of 5G systems is a plus
- Good understanding of Antenna properties (gain, opening angle, size vs wavelength, effect of tilting, MIMO, massive MIMO antenna arrays, … ) is a must.
- Knowledge of RAN signalling protocols.
- Capacity Management
- GIS Analysis & Reporting tools : MapInfo, QGIS, etc.
- Knowledge of Nokia Equipment is a plus
- IT skills in scripting, automation, experience with Low-Code or No-Code web application platforms, MS Power Apps, MySQL, Angular, Python, … are a plus as well.
Your soft siklls:
- You are proactive
- You are a team player
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are able to take the customer experience view
In addition to a contract with an attractive salary, we offer you:
- an exciting employer in full expansion that offers many future opportunities for your further career in the technical sector;
- a lot of extra-legal benefits that fit your contract type and your own preferences (such as a company car / bicycle, group insurance, daily allowance);
- TEC Plaza's (better known as afterwork or network drinks) that you should not miss; company events in a real TEC atmosphere. Just think of the annual BBQ, sports events (Ten Miles), an end-of-year dinner, a family day (film day), etc.
- the ability to further develop your own talent thanks to our Competence Center (expert classes where one guest speaker will tell about a technical topic) and thanks to our online Cevora training courses (for both your soft and hard skills);
- personal contact with and support of our close team of office managers, account managers and recruiters;
- a personal gift on special occasions (birthday, anniversary, ...);
- occasional treats at the yard or customer site;
- and last but not least: the chance to build up a large network and to share your experiences and knowledge with other technical profiles.